I believe the first time I heard the term “the dark side,” was in a movie theatre watching the first Star Wars movie. From then on we all joked about a person being from the dark side was evil.
There are many ways to face something evil, but first let me share with you how a llama faces his evil.
Reports the Denver Post:
Like many sheep ranchers in the West, (including Oregon) Lexy Lowler has tried just about everything to stop craft coyotes from killing her sheep. She has used odor sprays, electric fences, and “scare coyotes.” She has slept with her lambs during the summer and has placed battery-operated radios near them. She has corralled them at night, herded them at day. But the Southern Montana rancher has lost scores of lambs-fifty one year.
Then she discovered the llama-the aggressive, funny looking, afraid-of-nothing llama….. “Llamas don’t appear to be afraid of anything,” she said. “When they see something, they put their head up and walk straight toward it. That is aggressive behavior as far as the coyote is concerned, and they won’t have anything to do with that….Coyotes are opportunists, and llamas take the opportunity away.”
I have been in eastern Oregon often, and you see the llama everywhere. The ranchers all have them for the protection of their sheep. When the llama was brought to the west, they were an investment. Their, “wool,” is very valuable for making sweaters, shirts and blankets. So now the farmer has two benefits from the llama. Not only does it protect their other “crop,” of wool, but they provide an income for the ranchers.
How brave the llama is to have no fear of the coyote. We need to use them as an example for our own lives. We face the dark side all the time, and like the llama we need to face it without fear.
The top five ways to face the Dark Side.
1. Never let the little things build into big things. The philosophy that if I just do one thing wrong no one will notice may work for a while, but then it becomes habit for you. You eventually think doing wrong things are your way of life. Stop them in your tracks, and do a U turn.
2. The dark side can be many things. It can be depression, self doubt, anxiety, fear, or hopelessness. All of these come from you allowing yourself to fear the unknown. If you don’t think you can accomplish anything you probably are right, but if you lift your head up and walk straight towards your fears, anxiety, etc, you gain tremendous strength to prepare for the everyday battles with the dark side.
3. Play a game of “chicken,” with the dark side. Don’t let it push you around. If you stand your ground, and force the negative thoughts out of your head, you have defeated the dark side, and it will be running in the opposite direction with its tail between it legs.
4. As I have said before, you always have lots of support from family and friends if you will just turn to them. They can help you work out your mental anguish. They will be there for you to share your fears. They can give you the reassurance you need to stand up and fight.
5. The dark side can turn around and be the bright side of your life. Once you defeat the dark side, you have victory, and you can always use that to keep you going through life. Start enjoying the bright side of everything. Having a positive attitude is the strongest warrior against the dark side.
Visit my blog, which discusses many of the dark side varmints. Read posts on how to chase them out of your world. Check out what others have done to conquer the dark side.